Monday, October 27, 2008

This afternoon

is when I hear the news about my knee. I have no idea what the real damage is in there. I have never had this kind of knee injury (I have had more than a couple knee injuries) so I figure it is worse than it has ever been. The doc said it could be 3 different problems. A patellar dislocation (knee cap) is the most likely, an ACL rupture, and or meniscus damage. I have some symptoms of the ACL tear but I am hoping not. I am just hoping to avoid surgery. With the baby due at the beginning of February I won't want to have the surgery close to that time and it won't happen (if it needs to) in the next month I am sure. So that leaves a potential March surgery time frame which puts recovery at about this time next year. I can't imagine not being active in any way for a whole year, that will kill me. I guess I'll find out in a few hours.

No comments: