Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wondering on Wednesday

I'm starting a new weekly entry called Wondering on Wednesday. It's pretty clear that I'll be wondering about some things and it's pretty clear that it will be on Wednesdays that I post.

I wonder...

if it's a good idea to give money (from our taxes) to businesses that are failing, auto industry, banks. Didn't they do this to themselves?

how angry people will be in 10 years when these same businesses are raking in the dough again and we are still paying taxes to cover their "bailout"

why static electricity likes me

when the Bengals will be a good team...I mean I only waited 15 years for them to make the playoffs only to have the most important person on the team get taken out follwed by who knows how many more years of futility

what our new daughter will be like...curly hair like Colleen or straight like me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are correct that it is NOT a good idea to give tax dollars to failing businesses that, in all truth, are probably going to stay in trouble. The problem is that, in a mixed economy such as we have, we are not prepared for large entities to collapse hence the idea of "too big to fail."